Indulge in the delight of homemade rosemary focaccia with our easy recipe. Crafting this flavorful bread is simpler than you’d think, requiring just a touch of patience. With this recipe, you’ll make six delicious focaccias perfect for lunch or dinner.
⏲Prep time: 10-20 minutes
⏳Rising: 45 minutes and 20 minutes
300 grams of flour
7 grams of yeast
200 milliliters of water
12 grams of sugar
2 grams of salt
24 grams of olive oil for the dough and some extra on top of the bread
How to make it?
- Mix all ingredients (except salt and rosemary) in a bowl or use a kitchen machine. Knead for about 10 minutes (20 minutes by hand).
- Sprinkle in the salt after a few minutes of mixing to improve flavour without hurting the yeast.
- Cover the dough with foil and let it rise for 45 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and shape them as you like. We went for small balls. Place them on a baking tray with parchment paper. Don’t forget to make some holes in the dough (you can use your thumb for this). This is done to reduce air and prevent the dough from rising too fast.
- Dampen a kitchen towel and lay it over the baking tray with the dough. Let it rise for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Prepare the rosemary by removing the leaves and chopping them. Mix with a bit of oil.
- Add the rosemary oil and a pinch of salt on top of the dough.
- Slide the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Your homemade rosemary focaccia is ready to enjoy!