As the leaves begin to change and a chill settles in the air, there’s nothing quite as comforting as a warm bowl of homemade pumpkin soup. This creamy and flavorful recipe is the perfect way to embrace the flavors of fall and cozy up during the season. This step-by-step guide will show you how to whip up a delightful pumpkin soup. Let’s dive in!
⏲Prep time: 15-20 minutes
⏳Cook time: 30 minutes
🍽Portions: 4 bowls of soup
1 pumpkin (approximately 660 grams of pumpkin cubes)
1 clove of garlic
1,5 (1/2 tsp) grams of cumin powder
1 vegetable stock cube
1 bay leaf
500 milliliters of water
How to make it?
- Prepare the vegetables: Begin by peeling and chopping the pumpkin, carrots, onion, and garlic into manageable pieces.
- Heat the pan: Place a large pan on the stove over medium heat, adding some oil.
- Start baking: Add the chopped onion, garlic, and carrots to the pan. Bake them until they develop a slight golden color.
- Add the Pumpkin: After a few minutes, add the pumpkin to the pan and stir it into the mix.
- Season: Sprinkle the cumin powder over the vegetables and add the bay leaf. Crumble in the vegetable stock cube, and pour in the water. Stir well.
- Cooking: Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes. This slow cooking process will allow the flavors to meld and the vegetables to become tender.
- Blend: Once the vegetables are soft, remove the bay leaf. Then, carefully use a blender to mash the mixture until it reaches a silky-smooth consistency.
- Serve and Enjoy: Scoop the warm pumpkin soup into bowls, and if desired, garnish with some fresh herbs. Any leftover soup can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer for a later moment.