Some people think that living more environment-friendly has to cost a lot of money and effort. We do not agree with this, as there are many easy ways that you can make that will help save mother nature. Today we will share with you 7 easy ways to do this, we hope you get some inspiration out of these tips!
- Use reusable bags and trays, don’t use plastic bags that you’ll throw away after just one use. For example, if you bring your own food from home you can bring it in a reusable container or buy a reusable coffee cup to save on plastic cups. Tip: take a reusable cup to your work, in most offices they still use cups that you will throw away after one use for coffee.
- Throw away less food, eating leftovers is a great way to save money and to be more environmentally friendly. We like to cook for more than what we eat in one night, in that way, we only have to heat the leftovers from last night for lunch or we can eat it as dinner a few days later. It will also save both time and energy after a long day at work.
- There are tons of examples of environmentally friendly tools. Some examples are reusable cotton pads, metal straws, and a menstrual cup. This will stop you from generating a lot of garbage as you won’t have to keep buying new ones every time!
- Be aware of what you’re buying and when, don’t buy what you don’t need. Ask yourself: ‘Do I really need another dress?’ This also applies to buying groceries.
5. Use a bike, the train, or walk to move around instead of always taking the car. We love walking and biking, sometimes this is even faster than using the car, especially on short distances. This kind of habit will benefit your health, wallet, and the environment.
6. Turn off your television, lights, and other devices when you are not using them. This again will save you money and it’s again better for the environment.
7. Buy local, go to the market or a local farmer and buy your fruit, meat, milk, and vegetables, etc there. This way the food doesn’t need to be transported and this will be much better for the environment. Most of the time you will also get more quality products since you can buy them fresh!