⏲ 10-15 minutes
⏳ baking time: 50 minutes
🍽 10-12 slices
Banana bread is a very popular snack to bake, since it’s easy to make a healthy version. This banana bread recipe is without any refined sugars. So if you’re craving some sweets, this is a good snack to eat.
– 3 (ripe) bananas
– 50 grams of almond flour
– 120 grams of patent flour
– 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
– 3 eggs
– 2 teaspoons of backing powder
– A dash of honey (depending on how sweet you’d like the banana bread)
– 2 grams of salt
– 3 grams of biscuit seasoning
– 4 dates
– Margarine to grease the mold
How to make it
First you have to soak the dates in cooked water for 10-15 minutes (there are soft dates, you don’t need to soak those). Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius and grease the mold with some margarine.
Next you put the bananas, soaked dates and peanut butter in the food processor and mix it until it’s a smooth mixture.
Put the eggs in a bowl and mix them for 1-2 minutes to get some air in the mixture. Do you want your banana bread even lighter and/or fluffier? If you mix the egg whites and the yolk separately you can bring even more air into the mix.
The next step is weighting the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (the flour, almond flour, salt, herbs and the baking powder). Mix the honey in the mixture with the bananas and then add all the ingredients (the dry ingredients and banana mixture) with the eggs. Scoop trough the mixture until everything is mixed together. Put it in the mold and place the mold in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
After 50 minutes you can check the banana bread with a spike, if it comes out dry then the bread is done! Let it cool down for about 5 minutes before you take the banana bread out of the mold. Let it cool down further on a plate.
Tips & tricks:
– Feeling confident? You can feel with your hand whether the banana bread is done by testing the bounciness from the top.
– Feeling nutty? Add some nuts to you banana bread when you mix all the ingredients together. This gives an extra bite to the banana bread. Do crunch or chop down to size, otherwise they’ll sink to the bottom.
– Want to go gluten free? Replace the patent flour with a gluten free version, for example buckwheat flour or almond flour.